Monday, January 11, 2010

Congrats to a GREAT dude!

I'm sure everyone has already read the post on Vendor Alley but I wanted to take a minute and write up my own congratulations to my friend Kurt Von Wasmuth with RMLS in Portland.

I met Kurt for the first time at the Clariety MLS Workshop a few years back. As the night got later and later a few of us tough guys were hanging out in the bar at the hotel. I have lots of great memories from that bar but the night I hung out with Kurt is one of my favorites. If you know Kurt at all you know he's one of the most hilarious people ever. We were hanging with the Tarasoft boys and just laughing and laughing. I'm not even sure what we were talking about but I do remember laughing so much my stomach hurt.

Over the years I've been fortunate enough to cross paths with Kurt at most conferences. We try to make it a point to spend at least a few minutes together and I've always felt honored that he'd take the time for me. We've even had some grown-up conversations, Kurt's business philosophies and his ability to share are a true benefit. I believe Kurt is a wonderful choice for RMLS (the real RMLS) Kurt is the kind of person who makes you want to do well. His personality drives success - not because he's mean and scary but because you want to see him pleased. Through my experience I can truthfully say the folks at RMLS are amazing - they're all very driven, smart and super kind. Kurt makes a wonderful leader for that group.

So congratulations, my friend! I look forward to seeing the great things you and your team do in the future. And...don't forget who your friends were when you were one of us little guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment